“Shopping – A way to show love to yourself and process to get on the journey of elevating Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence” – Richa Chaturvedi
Every woman is fond of shopping. It is like a stress buster and mood elevator. So why to stay depressed when shopping is at your doorstep. I personally feel shopping is a way to express love to yourself. And above all this, it is the start of the journey to elevate your self-confidence and self-esteem. How? Well! There are various Reasons to it –
1. When you shop for yourself, you give this signal to your brain that your opinions do matter.
2. You rely on your instincts so your gut feel gets stronger.
3. You Learn to trust yourself which in turn builds your confidence.
4. You get exclusive attention from the sales people that can help you overcome the “thrash can feeling”.
5. When you go shopping for yourself and with yourself you learn to go at your own pace. No need to haste or rush. You embrace your own speed.
6. You can enhance your self-image which in turn contributes to enhancing your personality and strengthening your Identity.
7. It is a retail therapy. Researchers say that people get an extra dose of happiness when they shop for themselves which is a mood enhancer. This actually zeroes the need to consult a psychiatrist at least in the short-run.
8. It helps you take out a ‘ME time’! – A way to express Self-Love
9. You can ease the distress of transitions in life. Like kids leaving home for further education. Shopping for yourself will help you shift the focus from them to yourself.
Disclaimer – It may be bad for your wallet if you go beyond a limit.
Do share your views!!