“Perfection is a Myth, Imperfections Are Reality – Accept to make Peace!” – Richa Chaturvedi
We as individuals can have different priorities, goals and thought processes. And during our lifetime we attract similar energies towards us. But our life is a journey, a journey of transformation which might have different angles and speed, post attracting different people around us. So what do we do?
It is a known fact if people aren’t growing together, then they are growing apart. This can be an active or a passive process. Sadly it is one of the biggest reasons for breakups. “We sadly don’t understand each other anymore”. But the question is how much effort did we make to create an understanding? We are too engrossed within ourselves that Common sense isn’t a common thing in relationships. People with different priorities don’t share the same vibes and hence, It becomes really difficult to understand the other person or lay common grounds.
Without understanding and common grounds, we start to impose our values and beliefs systems on the other person, resulting in a painful process of drifting apart. Mutual Respect doesn’t exist anymore. What exists is accusations and blames!
And all this happens because we have stopped to understand each other and accept each other with their flaws. Everyone on this earth is flawed and is imperfect. We can never become perfect, but we can always become a better version of ourselves everyday.
Real relationships don’t try to change but rather accept a person through thick and thin and through various transformation processes. When you expect less, you accept more! When you Accept more then taking offence is a rare thing in a relationship.
It is easy to judge someone. But it is difficult to justify the judgments made by others, which don’t define you but they still define you in someone else’s perspective.
Make an intent, that come what may, you will treat the person exactly you want to be treated by them. That’s the only best way to connect and stay connected with the people around you. Judgements just ruin you and your relationships. So if you still want the relationships to blossom, then take the following into account –
1. We all are changing with changing time, so even if we don’t resonate with each other with whom we resonated once, still stay calm and appreciate their journey. When you appreciate them, they will also try to understand your growth ladder. And this will help in creating new understanding grounds.
2. Don’t judge them. Many people lose their awesomeness in the angst of proving themselves through others’ judgments. They subsequently lose their strength to stand and hence stay consistent within the relationship. Thus, the relationship falls apart.
3. See the beauty, ignore the beasts. Yes! Everyone on this earth will have both the elements of beauty and the beasts. What you concentrate upon, that grows. So focus on beauty, so the element of beauty grows within the person and the relationship.
4. Don’t try to change the person as per you. You liked them for what they were, now don’t make the fish climb the tree. They will never be able to.
5. Don’t try to ridicule the person. Believe me that’s the worst thing to do in a relationship and creates a lot of negative energy.
6. Don’t impose your ideas on them. They might be having some other passions and perceptions through their own transformation journey’s. Understand and respect.We all can try to make a relationship on some common grounds for us to stay together and grow.
Remember even opposites attract provided they aren’t pressurised with expectations of being PERFECT!
What common grounds will you start to build today to grow together in a relationship?