Opinionated Vs. Open-Minded – How would you define yourself?
“Opinionated- Hell No, let me explain this with few evidences!
Open- Minded, Oh yes! Let me tell you How?
Both scenarios are closed Minded!!!”– Richa Chaturvedi
We all have opinions and we all feel that we are open to new ideas and beliefs. But still we all have certain ideas which we are opinionated to. We become stubborn to change those convictions or conventions and turn closed to them.
Here we are exploring, who we are Opinionated or Open-Minded?
Characteristics of an Opinionated person-
- Preparing evidences and arguments to counter instead of being present in the conversation.
- Too quick to reject things.
- Too quick to discourage person in front of you.
- Taking decisions as per your opinions without knowing the other side.
- Too quick to judge and not accepting any improvements due to preconceived notions.
Characteristics of an Open-Minded person-
- Active and genuine listening skills and not pretending to be listening and collecting arguments to counter in head.
- Acceptance to new avenues, opportunities and possibilities.
- Not rejecting or accepting things in haste.
- Deciding based on facts and not Opinionated Truths.
- Not being Judgemental.
Knowledge and wisdom drive us through this depending upon situation and circumstances. Where we need to be Opinionated and navigate through or where we need to be open our mind towards acceptance of other people.
All depends upon How wise we are?
It is a Matter of Choice!!!
Comment below, How would you refrain your opinions from becoming limiting beliefs?